Acts 5 | Index
The Bible - Acts 6
- And in those days, when the number of the disciples was multiplied, there arose a murmuring of the Grecians against the Hebrews, because their widows were neglected in the daily ministration.
- Then the twelve called the multitude of the disciples unto them, and said, It is not reason that we should leave the word of God, and serve tables.
- Wherefore, brethren, look ye out among you seven men of honest report, full of the Holy Ghost and wisdom, whom we may appoint over this business.
- But we will give ourselves continually to prayer, and to the ministry of the word.
- And the saying pleased the whole multitude: and they chose Stephen, a man full of faith and of the Holy Ghost, and Philip, and Prochorus, and Nicanor, and Timon, and Parmenas, and Nicolas a proselyte of Antioch:
- Whom they set before the apostles: and when they had prayed, they laid their hands on them.
- And the word of God increased; and the number of the disciples multiplied in Jerusalem greatly; and a great company of the priests were obedient to the faith.
- And Stephen, full of faith and power, did great wonders and miracles among the people.
- Then there arose certain of the synagogue, which is called the synagogue of the Libertines, and Cyrenians, and Alexandrians, and of them of Cilicia and of Asia, disputing with Stephen.
- And they were not able to resist the wisdom and the spirit by which he spake.
- Then they suborned men, which said, We have heard him speak blasphemous words against Moses, and against God.
- And they stirred up the people, and the elders, and the scribes, and came upon him, and caught him, and brought him to the council,
- And set up false witnesses, which said, This man ceaseth not to speak blasphemous words against this holy place, and the law:
- For we have heard him say, that this Jesus of Nazareth shall destroy this place, and shall change the customs which Moses delivered us.
- And all that sat in the council, looking stedfastly on him, saw his face as it had been the face of an angel.
Download Free Bible